Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More hospital time

Gess is back in the hospital...I think that this is the fourth time in four weeks, but who's counting? More bleeding from his lungs. It seems like the bleeding is getting worse. On Monday he ended up with about 6 cups total (which is 3 pints)! The docs gave him 2 unit of blood and admitted him to the hospital. The painful spasms in his right lung continue and no one seems to have any idea what is going on.

They are continuing to do transplant evaluation stuff, so at least we are getting that done. They did a bunch more blood work (taking 15 vials!) and more urine. They were also able to do the right heart cath today. Apparently the doctors want to do a endoscopy too, but I am not sure if they are going to be able to do it while he is inpatient.

Gess's sister Diana is in town and she has been doing a lot while he is in the hospital. She and Gess conspired to have her come into town for a week and send me away for a little break. I went to Portland for a few days and was able to get some rest and relaxation, which was very nice. And while I was gone, Gessner and Diana did a lot of cleaning since they know that having a messy house stresses me out. This was all supposed to be a surprise (I really do have a sweet husband), but their dad let the cat out of the bag. So, it wasn't a surprise, but still a wonderful gift.

Tomorrow we are supposed to have an appointment with the liver doctor but since Gess is inpatient, I don't think that we are going to make it. We also have lung transplant education, which I think that we are going to go to, inpatient or not.

He missed his DEXA scan (again!) and diabetes appointment because he was inpatient, so we will have to schedule that.

No comments:

Post a Comment